ABOUT THE AGREEMENT
Oxford Scholarly Editions Online provide trustworthy, annotated primary texts for scholars and students. It currently includes writers active between 701 and 1901, plus Classical Latin and Greek authors — from Aristotle, Austen, Bentham, Catullus, Dickens, and Donne through to Plato, Virgil and Wordsworth. It contains over 1,500 scholarly editions — the equivalent of more than 760,000 print pages.
Scholarly editions providing a reliable and trusted source through which scholars interpret the core texts of their disciplines. In placing these online, Oxford Scholarly Editions Online complements the traditional elements familiar from these printed editions with the advantages of online availability. The content constitutes the cornerstone of research in the fields of English Literature, as well as Philosophy, History, Religion, and Classical Studies.
Each title within the collection presents the full text of the work, as established by an authoritative editor, accompanied by the editor’s record of important variations, and interpretative and explanatory notes placed directly alongside the text. Most also have introductions placing the work and the author in a historical context, and explaining the editorial principles and the history of the text.
Philosophy, literature, history, theology, economics, linguistics, medicine
- Includes the Oxford Latin Dictionary
- Helpful research tools on every page allow you to save valuable time:
- If you need to get straight to a specific scene or line in a work then use the ‘Find Location in Text’ search box
- Where an editor refers to another work, simply highlight the reference with your mouse and choose "Open this text in OSEO" in the menu pop up to go straight to the right passage
- Highlight a quote and choose the ‘Copy and Cite’ option in the menu pop up to grab all the essential information you need for referencing, including a static link to go back to the full work whenever you need to.
- MARC21 records available free of charge to integrate into library catalogue