EIFL, the FOSTER project and Riga Technical University (RTU) in Latvia are inviting early career researchers, research support staff and others who are currently conducting open science training in Europe, or are keen to do so, to apply to attend an intensive open science trainer bootcamp.
The one-day bootcamp takes place at RTU in Riga on 1 November 2018. It is organized by the European Union-funded FOSTER (Facilitating Open Science Training in Europe) project and RTU. EIFL Open Access (OA) Programme Manager, Iryna Kuchma, and EIFL-OA Coordinator, Gwen Franck, will lead the training.
The bootcamp aims to improve participants’ open science training skills and confidence, to enable them to teach open science theory and practice, to share best practices, and advise researchers about the academic and social impact of open science and the career advantages of making open science part of the research workflow.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, you must fill in the Registration Form. Up to 30 successful applicants will be invited to attend the bootcamp.
The applications’ timeline is as follows:
- 30 September, 2018: Deadline for applications
- 8 October, 2018: Results announcement
- 1 November, 2018: Bootcamp
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Early career researchers, research support staff and others from Europe with an interest in open science. Applicants should demonstrate that they are -
- Currently practicing or supporting open access, open data, open science.
- Inspired by open science practices and keen to advocate the message to others.
- Delivering or planning to deliver open access, open data, open science training courses and workshops in their institutions or communities in 2018 - 2019.
Successful applicants will have to cover their own travel and accommodation costs. The organizers will cover the costs of coffee and lunch.
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY
- Click here to find out more about the bootcamp, selection processes and criteria.
- Click here to access the Registration form and to apply to take part in the bootcamp.
- If you have any further questions, please contact EIFL-OA Manager, Iryna Kuchma: firstname.lastname@example.org
EIFL leads and coordinates training for the FOSTER project. Read more here.