ABOUT THE E-RESOURCE
Credo Online Reference Service offers authoritative reference content through a one-stop search platform. The user-friendly interface is ideal for students starting their research, or learning about the research process during information literacy instruction.
With more than 700 searchable, full-text titles from 100+ publishers, Credo Reference covers every major subject. Purchased in print, this collection of titles would cost over $62,000.
Art, business, education, food & beverage, geography, history, language, law, literature, medicine, music, philosophy, psychology, religion, science, social sciences, technology and includes: atlases, biographies, chronologies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, facts, gazetteers, guides, handbooks, histories, image collections, quotations, religious texts, speeches, statistics, thesauri.
- Authoritative, award-winning reference content to give users context before starting the research process
- Topic pages (or subject landing pages) that provide users with a starting point for research
- Topic pages can be populated with content from similar/supporting topics from a library’s existing subscriptions, providing students and researchers with further reading options. You can watch a video of how the Credo Topic pages work here.
- The Credo Mind Map - a visual representation of relationships between topics
- Ability to integrate Subject and Publisher Collections throughout the life of your subscription, with perpetual and subscription purchase options
- Familiar search box that appeals to users of open web search engines
- Embedded teaching and learning tools that allow users to engage with authoritative reference content
- Improved mobile experience for smartphones and tablet
- Real-time Reference featured search category helps researchers find background information on issues of real-time importance
- Key Concepts included in every search result help students discover the information they need
- “Listen” feature that reads content aloud
- Multilingual user interface in English, Chinese, French, Polish, Spanish and Urdu
- Translation feature, transcribing all text content into over 60 languages